Thursday, June 25, 2015

Narrow strip on east side

On the east side of the driveway was a strip of empty space. Both my neighbor and I had nothing growing there. Thinking back, this is what sparked all this redecoration in the front. In front of a ghastly electric box and cable box was a space where things once grew before we lived here. The drip system works and has 2 emitters in front of the box. However my neighbor said the cable company will chop anything down that is in their way if they need access to the box. At first I planted a palm I had volunteering in a large pot from our old house (and it was sentimental because it came from the palm of our lovely neighbors Jessica and Robert). I thought it was a pygmy palm. Turns out it was a pineapple palm. I had to take it out and, this was before I knew any better, I threw it away. I know, I know. Horrible.

My other favorite, a. victoriae-reginae. This one has some great coloring too.

 
Behind the cable box is this strip. I planted an a. titanota 'rancho tambor' plus the pups in the foreground under shade cloth now. They have really struggled, I don't know if they'll make it. I bought the shade cloth specifically for the titanota. After a day it already greened up a bit. Along the back strip I planted perryi pups and kissho kan pups in alternation. I think I've lost 2 of them.

The other a. macrocantha went across the driveway by the house. There's also, unpictured, an a. murpheyi pup that may not make it

No comments:

Post a Comment