Thursday, June 25, 2015

Rescued

I planted the rescued golden barrel in a prefect spot. He'll be so happy there!  I planted another to keep him company, taking them to the traditional number of 3.
Of course I had to goof something up doing a good deed. I inadvertently stepped on the smallest golden barrel and did some damage, and that one was already having problems with sunburn, I think. But I believe he's a survivor, and I paid my penance sacrifice with a bit of blood.

Here he is, safe and sound.

The overall view of the location, before planting the 3rd barrel for company.

The little guy with my clumsy foot damage.

The back side (south west exposure). I think it's sunburn, but the nursery worker where I bought it said it was a fungal infection. It looks a lot better now since I put those leaves as sun block. The leaves are from the Mexican honeysuckle, justicia spicigera.

No comments:

Post a Comment